Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Come On Somebody Why Don't You Run?

Some how I've got this hokey country song stuck in my head. At one point it was getting annoying, but the more I think of it, it's a little fitting to my training right now. All I've wanted to do as of late is run. That's RUN! Yep, I'm not talking about the boring recovery runs or the garbage miles. I'm talking like running like you been caught doing something you shouldn't. Running has been my release as of late and my quads have been screaming at me.

I just received my new K-Swiss K-Onas in the mail on Friday and have been doing my best to wear them out since then. I absolutely love these shoes. They're super light and have these neat little holes in the bottom to drain all of the sweat that typically fills up my shoes during a race. They actually fit my wide foot which is an added bonus. They're great with or without socks. Enough words, here's a pic.

So since getting the shoes, I've been doing the best to work toward race tempo. My workouts have typically consisted of above race pace intervals. For the last couple of weeks, I've alternated between 2:00 mins hard/2:00 recovery, 2 miles hard, 4 min recovery, 1 mile hard/.5 mile recovery. Hopefully soon I'll be able to stretch these distances out into one consistent run. Endurance at race speed just isn't there yet, but here's to hope!


I'm about 1 month out from the first race which is a short little reverse Tri up in Podunk, AL. It'll be a good warm up and test for my fitness. There's always hope for hardware, but it just really depends on who shows up. More of that later. For now, it's time to RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment