Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'M GLAD MY WIFE DOESN'T LOVE ME FOR MY FEET

I found myself saying that to a friend at the gym this morning as I looked at my messed up feet. They’re quite ugly right now. They’re not gross in the “let’s get a culture and find out what’s growing on them” gross. Their issue more lies in the “this is the 16th week of IM training and they’re ready for a break.”
They’re problems started the weekend of the Heart O’ Dixie Oly distance tri. I typically race this distance and shorter races without socks, and this one was no exception. I did the whole leave the shoes on the bike thing for T1, so starting out on the bike portion I guess I failed to get my shoes tight enough on my feet. The result was a series of spots on the top side of each foot that was rubbed raw. I had spots on 3 of 5 toes, one spot just above them on my foot, and one spot closer to my ankle. Both feet were almost identical in their maladies. I didn’t feel them on the run, but once I stopped, Oi! Hurt city. So, three weeks later I still sport some really nice scars from the event.
Let’s continue: During my last few swim sessions I’ve started feeling a little soreness in my right ankle. It’s never bothered my while running so it could only be from the flexing of my foot with my kick. Am I kicking more than normal now? Dunno. I guess I am swimming more than ever. But the result starting last night was a slightly swollen ankle. Can’t explain it. It’s sore, but doesn’t really hurt.
Last thing to mention, and this is probably the worst. Did I mention that I have poison Ivy on both ankles now? Ughh! I can pick this stuff up just thinking about it (pause to scratch back of ear). I guess I picked this round up cutting grass on Saturday. It’s totally owning me right now.
So needless to say, my feet are pretty ugly right now. Scarred, swollen, with red itchy bumps. No foot modeling for me for a while I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment