Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Check That One Off of the To-do List!

This morning's planned session consisted of speed work. My good buddy JWest told me about an exercise his coach has him doing that he really "enjoys". Since JWest is crazy fast, I thought I'd give it a try.

1 mile warm up
24 X 400 with 45 sec break between
1 mile cool down

Now JWest is able to throw down 1:15 reps, but I'm not quite there. The Zoomer, Dr. Nitrous, and I set out to tackle the task this morning. I gotta tell you, after the first few there's no way that I would have ever guessed that we would complete all 24. All in all it was a difficult session that totally made us work and stretch our limits.

Staying with the workout and not quitting early was a huge boost in training mentality. All this adds up to being able to SwimBikeRun faster come race day.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I'm a huge believer in intervals like that, but haven't done that many!

    ReplyDelete