Monday, April 5, 2010

Shipment from Clif Bar

Oh, it's a good day. I love it when UPS brings something by. It's like having a miniature Christmas. Today, I received a little something from one of my sponsors (read: people I buy stuff from). Opening the box I feel a little like the Old Man from "A Christmas Story" - "Well there could be anything in there!" Well, except that I know exactly what's in there.


It's a little taste of goodness. My favorite type of energy bar hands down, Clif Bar's Blueberry Crisp. You can have your Powerbars and your Snickers Marathon Bars. These daddies are the bomb. The blueberry's (and yes they are real blueberries) keep the bar moist and oh so tasty. Next is a bit of an experiment. I've been a long time fan of Powergel's espresso love, but I decided to give Clif's "double expresso" a try. It has the self attaching tab which cuts down on litter on the road and provides 100 calories with 30 mg of Potassium, 25 g of Carbs, and 40 mg of Sodium. Not a bad mixture.

Lastly, I decided to replace my race hat. I've raced and trained (and pretty much lived in) my blue USAT sweatvac visor. I decided to give Clif and plug and switch it up a bit. It's a sweatvac visor as well so no worries with performance. So yeah, I guess it is all about style.

Training for today:

Swim: 200 warm up, 100 kick, 100 pull, five 200's on 2:45.

Kept good pace throughout the sets. I was consistently between 2:15 and 2:18. Can't be upset with that.

Bike - 40 mins on trainer - easy spin.

That's all for now. Happy training.





No comments:

Post a Comment