Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back At It

Alright, wow, I've been a lousy blogger as of late. Not much to report about due to a rest week last week. It was a little boring, but I was able to put in some good easy training in. I did notice that I picked up a few pounds along the way. Probably not a bad thing right now. I definitely don't need to lose any weight so no worries.

This past weekend, my wife and I made it down to the beach for Memorial Day weekend. The weather cooperated well and we had a wonderful time. Now, I'm back at it again and ready to start back on my next training block.

This weekend is the first of 3 scheduled 70.3 training races. It'll be a pool swim which blows, but you have to play the hand you're dealt sometimes. All paces will be done at IM pace. It'll be good to practice patience on the bike above all. I'm a bit of a hammerhead on the bike, but I need to learn to save it for the run. I will also be nailing down my nutrition. It'll be interesting to see how I do going from solid foods on the bike to gels on the run. We'll see if that system works.

Overall, I will probably go into this race a bit tired. This week is pretty heavy, but tapering before Saturday is not an option since it's just training and not a race. Otherwise, I'm pretty stoked about putting the hours in and again reliving what it's like to suffer for 4 and a 1/2 hours. Just kidding, I'm shooting for 5:30.

One last thing, I've been caught in the rain several times in the past week on the bike and while running. No amount of airing out of my shoes has helped get this stank off of them. Washing running shoes really cuts down on the life of your shoes, so any body have any anti-stink cures?

Tail winds

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried putting baking soda in them and putting them in the sunshine? might help some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold Bond powder is a beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete