Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alright, I can take a hint. I've learned my lesson


In my 6 years of cycling, I have only ridden without a spare tube three (3) times. Of those three times, I have flatted exactly twice. Last night became the third and hopefully final time that I left home without a spare.

So what is it with this luck. I wouldn't call it Karma. It's not like I thumbed my nose at the cycling gods or pissed on a picture of Lance Armstrong. It was simply a mistake. I'd packed my car the night before too include everything I'd need for the morning workout, everything I'd need to shower and dress for work at the Y, everything I'd need for the work day, and everything I'd need for the afternoon ride (minus my saddlebag of course).

So, with that in mind I can hopefully state that it will never happen again. At least that's what I had to promise my wife when she came to pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment