Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeling Good, Feeling Fine, It's Brick time

Yeah, it's brick time baby! Build 'em up. This weekend will mark the first weekend in which I'll start peppering my workout schedule with weekend bricks. Now, I've been doing two-a-days for a while, but none in such a way that could be described as a brick.

With my first race being a Du, Powerman Alabama (8K,50K,8K), my weekends will be more Run/Bike/Run oriented. Don't worry, I'm still a fish during the week. I haven't forgotten the all important first leg of the triathlon. I am getting tired of smelling like the pool though.

This weekend I'm actually running my first 5K in two years! Yeah, wow. That's a long time. I typically don't run 5K's because they usually are held on Saturdays which are my long days, I have enough t-shirts, and they're kinda ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. But, this one is different. It's a half mile from the house and it'd be the perfect start to a good Du day. Run the race, bike ride, and return to run the course again. Not too bad. I'm a little faster now than two years ago, so I'm going for that all important PR and a sub 20 min finish. I've only ever done that on a track and that doesn't count. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

Dr. Nitrous and Team Hathorne are meeting me for the race and will complete the Du with me. Neither are quite in form right now so I plan on showing them my backside the whole day. They did it to me last year, so theirs is coming.

That's all for now. Tail winds to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment